Tuesday 31 March 2015

My Favourite Hospital part II


This was my view driving into work every morning- such a beautiful hospital. I'll miss it, as we're moving to a new hospital, so I decided to try to paint this to commemorate it a bit. This is from the final night, though it still needs work.

Below was the second or third night. Chui told me to mix red with either Naples yellow or Ochre with red and white for the sunlit buildings. Also this night the second building's windows were too dark, overall that building face has about the same tone. The greens of the roof tops had to be different too. The sky bluer, to bring out the buildings. The background trees were too detailed, he said just make it uniform reddish purple, the colour of trees in the distance. The tree bark is too dark, the trees are really greys in the winter with the haze. I removed the neuro building, it was sort of ghostly off in the distance and not nice. Chui put red in the branches of the tree, I wouldn't have, but since looking at nature I've noticed that it's true, the branches against the sky are really red. When I asked him if they should really be that red, he said "Bien sur!"



The photo I worked from. Notice the moving truck in front!

No comments:

Post a Comment