Sunday 6 April 2014

Playa del Carmen


We had to get out of Dodge. I mean this winter has been something else entirely. Snow storm then deep freeze on a cycle of  never ending repeat. So we went to Secrets Capri in Playa del Carmen. The place was lovely and the people running the place were wonderful. The food was excellent, and by that I mean, I got to eat fresh fruit and vegetables and fish tacos almost every day, my ultimate favorites. Went into Playa del Carmen itself, and got bottles of vanilla and sombreros from Walmart, a rash shirt for J (made in Mexico) and some maracas from a local shop. Got delicioso cream from Aldo which I could seriously eat every single day of my life. Swam in the ocean every day and went for very long walks on the beach, and watched the pelicans dive for fish. J snorkeled a bit and ran into a sting ray. This is what the hotel looked like:







Here is Sadie in her new sombrero.


No comments:

Post a Comment